How to Delete Your Facebook Account?
So you are bored with social media? And now you want to breathe some fresh air by getting rid of the most popular social media platform, i.e. Facebook. Now that you want to delete your Facebook profile, we at Support Help Desk would help you out with the entire process. To be precise, there are two ways of deleting your FB profile. The first one is an option that lets you deactivate your profile for a certain period of time. In this case, you may want to return to Facebook any time you want and FB allows you to do so. All you need to do is log in to the platform using your existing email ID and password. The other type is the permanent deletion of your account. In this case, your profile is completely eradicated from Facebook’s servers and all your data is deleted. You can never return back to your profile and all the photos and videos that you had uploaded on the platform would be gone in a matter of moments. In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of permanent account deletion. Now it’s your turn to decide if you really want to quit Facebook forever.
Social media and our lifestyle
We all understand that social media has some tedious impact on our daily lives. Although these platforms are helpful in connecting with friends and family and staying entertained during tough times, more often than not, they add to our psychological problems. In fact, in new research published by an international organization showed that there’s an emergence of a new kind of psychological disorder. Experts are blaming social media sites to have contributed to the development of the same. However, in no means, we are advocating the eradication of social media platforms from this internet ecosystem. We still believe that today whatever the internet has become has large contributions from social media sites. At the same time, we don’t preach the need of using social media more often and hampering your life-cycle and productivity.
How to permanently delete your account?
Before we head on to the topic, let us recommend you something. It would be helpful if you copy all the data you had shared on Facebook so that when you delete your account none of your valuable data is lost forever. So now that you have decided of quitting Facebook forever, let us guide you through the step by step process on how to permanently delete your account.
- Log into your profile and visit the setting page on your profile. If you are logging in from your desktop, you would find a small arrow icon on the top right corner of your screen. Once you click on that icon, you would be able to see the settings option. Click on that.
- Now that you are on your settings page, you can see a list consisting of numerous options. Just below the ‘general’ category, you would be able to find ‘Your Facebook information’. Click on that.
- Once you click on the above-mentioned option, you would be presented with multiple options related to the management of your Facebook account.
- At the bottom of the list, you shall be able to locate an option called ‘Delete Your Account and Information’. Click on that option.
- Now that you have clicked on the account deletion option, a dialog box would appear on your screen. The dialog box is intended to warn you of the deletion of all your data, which will make it impossible for the account used to retrieve any data you had previously shared on Facebook. In order to reconsider your decision, Facebook offers you two different options related to your account deletion. The first one suggests the deactivation of your account, which will enable you to keep your messenger intact. The other option offers you the option for downloading all your uploaded data including photos, videos, and posts. You may want to choose this option or else you can ignore any of these options and click on the ‘Delete Account’ button at the bottom of the dialog box.
- In order to execute your account deletion request, the Facebook would require verifying your identity and that the account belongs to you. In order to do that, they will ask for your password. Once you have entered your existing password, you can now click on the ‘continue’ button.
- Congratulations! Your Facebook account is now successfully deleted. Now you will be provided with a window of 30 days within which you can come back and log into your Facebook account and choose the option ‘Cancel Deletion’. This option comes handy in case you change your mind about your account deletion. Otherwise, your account will be deleted soon after the 30 days are completed.
Saving your information
Of course, you wish to quit Facebook but at the same time, you don’t wish to lose all the content you’ve shared on the platform? In case you are too attached to your shared content and wish to resurrect them before the deletion of your account, you can do so by following the steps we have mentioned below:
- Log into your profile and visit your settings page
- In the settings page, click on the ‘Your Facebook Information’ option on the left side of your screen.
- Now that you have clicked on the desired option, you would see an option called ‘Download Your Information’. Click on that.
- Now you will be redirected to the Information archive page, where you can choose every piece of content that you wish to download. You can choose using the date range option and also select any specific media quality.
- A lot of options would come up on your screen. You should choose all the things and leave others very carefully.
- Now that you’ve selected the information you wish to download, click on the ‘Create File’ option. Your files have started downloading. Be patient and now you can access all your data.